Thursday, September 13, 2007

Slightly bruised

Yesterday I finally finished my quarantine period. So I could finally meet all the chimps and monkeys up close. They are all adorable. I also got to go in with the baby group which was a very good but exhausting experience. They are 12 and are very hungry for attention. Which in the case of especially Felisita and Kamituga, meant biting my legs and arm. So I had Felixta and Kamituga biting my legs, while Kenya, Pablo, Irangi and others wanted a hug. And now and again some of them jumped on me from above. My back is a bit sore today and my arms and legs a bit bruised. It did quiet down eventually, when they got their food. And after that they were very full and quite tired, and were happy to sit next to me and be groomed. I was in today aswell, I felt it went a bit better. Felixta had calmed down, but Kamituga was still biting. It’s very tiring, but loads of fun :)





The roof over the corridor is now finished and they are doing the other side of the house. They’ve also started to get ready to make the foundation of the new monkey enclosure. That’s good because some of the monkeys are still in way to small cages. This enclosure will be for the blue monkeys, th L'hoestis and the owl faced monkeys.

No comments: