Friday, March 9, 2007

Nothing quite right, Tessa

We are supposed to get our house on Monday! But I think ‘supposed to’ actually means ‘not in your lifetime mate’ in Congolese. Somehow I think we’ll still be in the guesthouse! It’s a wee bit frustrating cos I can see the house when I go outside to use the phone from the guesthouse, so close, yet so far!
I know what I’m going to do for the rest of my life by the way, I’m gonna be a flour lady at the market. And Nicole is gonna be a peanut lady. One of the things I am doing is sorting the food out, and I have fallen in love with the flour!

Illnesses not over… one of the two smallest, Muhungu, is not well. He has the same symptoms as Shege had in Goma with the swollen eye. Bedtime for the Goma guys is a little more complicated now, Biega, being the escape artist she is, can’t sleep inside because there is a hole in the roof. No doubt she will be the gang leader in an escape of 14 chimpanzees if she does. But I think she is happy because she gets a heap more food in the evening to try and separate her from the rest!

No comments: